Summary of 2018: Mercedes-Benz posts eighth consecutive record year
Mercedes-Benz continues to be the leading premium automobile brand in terms of unit sales. In a challenging year, the company with the three-pointed star increased its global car sales to 2,310,185 units in 2018, its eighth consecutive record year (+0.9%), making Mercedes-Benz the best-selling premium brand in the automotive industry for the third time in succession!
- Last year, Mercedes-Benz sold more than 2.3 million cars worldwide (+0.9%), making 2018 the most successful year in terms of sales in the company’s history.
- The passenger car division of Daimler AG sold a total of more than 2.4 million Mercedes-Benz and smart vehicles last year (+0.6%).
- Mercedes-Benz is the best-selling premium brand in the automotive industry for the third time in succession.
- Despite challenges for the entire industry, 2018 was the eighth consecutive record year for Mercedes-Benz.
- Mercedes-Benz completed its strongest-selling year along with the best quarter in the company’s history and a new sales record for December.
- The best full-year unit sales of all time were achieved in the Asia-Pacific region.
- With an increase of more than 11%, China was once again the market with the strongest growth in absolute terms and the biggest individual market for Mercedes-Benz.